2014/02/09

When you sit to dine with a ruler ...

When you sit to dine with a ruler,
note well what is before you,
and put a knife to your throat
if you are given to gluttony.
Do not crave his delicacies, for that food is deceptive.
(Proverbs 23:1-3, NIV)

Learning the wisdom about living in this world is one of the benefits that we can gain by reading the Bible. A good way to make bible reading interesting is to relate its verses with our real life. This principle will guide me when I select a biblical verse to read.

I will also try to write in English as much as possible not because my English is good. On the contrary, it is not. The point is that even though my English will be 'unnatural' from time to time, this does not prevent me from writing an understandable article. I struggle with English in every sentence I write but I enjoy it. The lesson for my fellow Taiwanese is that don't be so hard on yourself. Making mistakes in our English is a natural thing.

Today's verses are very useful for us to decide if we want to accept ECFA and 服貿協議 or not。China promises to give Taiwan fat contracts and Taiwan's KMT government has signed ECFA with them. Have the Taiwanese received the benefits from ECFA? Or has the unemployment rate actually increased? China invites (or say, coerce) us to sign 服貿協議 again. They promise it will be a huge banquet, even bigger than ECFA. However, today's proverb teaches us to be careful. It might be a trap.

No comments:

Post a Comment